Window Measurements


Measure the width of window area you are covering. Choose a tie-up that will cover the rod area plus any side returns on the rod.

Styling Tip

Tie-Up valances can use a continental rod or a decorative rod, but keep in mind, each rod type may require a different valance width. Continental rods include 'returns' that wrap around the sides of the window frame, and can add several inches of overall width. When using a decorative rod, the tie-up valance should be the width of your window, from frame edge to frame edge.

Once the Tie-Up valance is installed at your window, the ties and length can be adjusted.

Still Need Help?
Call Customer Service 1.800.937.1237

Print Worksheet
Shop Valances
Hemming Service
Shop Rods and Hardware